Monday, February 15, 2016

"The Knee Sleeves Do Nothing!"


Mike Warkentin reveals the real secret to thriving in the CrossFit Games Open.



"Everything is OK."



The words were written in black marker--large block letters about an inch tall running down the inside of her forearm from elbow to wrist.



My friend, an artistic, freethinking woman with an occasional affinity for "consciousness expansion," was very matter-of-fact when I asked her about the sentence staining her skin on a Sunday morning.



"I took mushrooms last night, and I needed a reminder in case anything got weird. When I started to panic, I just looked at my arm."



A psychedelic romp into the weird might seem unrelated to fitness, but it's become clear to me over the years that the CrossFit Games Open can be a mind-altering experience that causes paranoia where none is warranted.



With the Open almost upon us and 16.1 on the horizon, I'll offer the one thing you need to remember in order to bypass the tension and truly thrive in the Open:



Everything is OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment