Sunday, May 10, 2015

Road to Conviction Episode 8: Faith

While incarcerated, Fletcher Tholin discovered CrossFit. Watch his rehabilitation in this eight-part series.

In Episode 8, Tholin contemplates his future. After working in a restaurant kitchen for some time, he’s ready for a change.

“I’m grateful for the job, and I love my boss, and I love the people I work with,” he says, “but I don’t like working in the kitchen.”

Good fortune finds Tholin when CrossFit Edwardsville member Brian Hockett takes notice of Tholin’s work ethic in the gym and offers him a job.

Tholin is thrilled with the proposition.

“I have a track record for not really realizing good things are happening to me,” he says, “so it doesn’t seem real.”

While things are looking up for Tholin, he acknowledges he faces a long road.

“I still have obstacles outside of CrossFit,” he says. “CrossFit’s gonna help prepare me to tackle those things, but there’s still work to be put forth.”

Video by Gary Roberts and Jordan Shalhoub.

13min 40sec

Additional reading: “Second Chances—CrossFit Works, Part 2” by Peter Egyed and Kevin O’Malley, published Feb. 6, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment