Thursday, November 13, 2014

Zach Forrest: “CrossFit Is My Future”

Zach Forrest, owner of CrossFit Max Effort, welcomes up to 60 visitors to his affiliate each day. The 16,000-square-foot facility in Las Vegas, Nevada, is home to a community that welcomes everyone.

“The CFME community has stepped up,” Forrest says. “They expect to take on the visitors, and they expect to welcome them and help them. … It’s not like, ‘Oh, they’re visiting. We’re just gonna let them do their own thing.’ It’s, ‘Hey, you’re part of us now. You are in our clan.’”

And the community is fond of Forrest, as well.

“He’s very forthright, very honest,” CFME member Brian “Bear” Carlton says of his coach. “It’s hard to meet someone that’s truly genuine off the cuff. … (Forrest) was very inviting, very genuine, very refreshing.”

Dividing his time among being an affiliate owner, a competitor and a coach, Forrest says he’s still deciding which takes priority.

“This year, I want to be an athlete first, but it’s hard. … I’m being pulled in all directions equally. I could do nothing but coach. I would love a job where I didn't have to worry about anything but coaching. … I love helping people. … CrossFit is my outlet for that.”

A man of many talents, it’s all about balance for Forrest, who says CrossFit “is my future.”

Video by Mike Koslap.

06min 15sec

Additional audio: CrossFit Radio Episode 257 by Justin Judkins, published Jan. 2, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment